yesterday I went to Meiji Jingu, next to Harajuku's station.
As far as I remember, it costs around ¥500 – ¥600 to go to Meiji Jingu inner garden. It is a great place to go to if you want to relax and take your time.
After that I went to the shrine (which is free). Before getting inside of the shrine you should follow these steps.
- take a water scoop on your right hand
- scoop water and wash left hand
- switch scoop on left hand, and wash right hand.
- switch scoop back on right hand and pour water on left hand, then wash your mouth with your hands.
To pray, you need to :
- throw a coin in the offertory box
- bow twice
- make a wish
- clap your hands twice
- bow one more time
The best would be coming there during the week, so you don't have too many people.